Dear students, teachers, staff and families of the French School of Banjul,
We have embarked on a new academic year with ambition and determination, while remaining true to our fundamental objectives: to make all our students succeed by leading them to excellence, “their” excellence.
The start of the school year was marked by a significant increase in the number of students (104 students, ie 13 students), which offers new perspectives for our school. Thanks to the support of the families, the involvement of the pedagogical and technical team, the training and teaching courses can unfold harmoniously, in a good state of mind which combines kindness, confidence and rigor.
- This new school year will be marked by the official opening of our new school probably on May 6, 2019. Located next to the premises of the Alliance Française, this new “Espace France” will help develop the French educational and cultural offer in The Gambia. . In addition to the improvement of the bilingual project, a sixth grade in direct education is planned for next school year to improve the connection between the Primary School and the College.
- It is also appropriate to continue the implementation of the school project, by developing the following axes:
- Develop language proficiency in a multilingual context;
- Promote an inclusive school by developing support for students in difficulty and non-francophone students, ensuring the harmonious management of diversity, education “with the difference” and solidarity to allow everyone to find the forms of its development;
- Open our establishment to the context of the new Gambia while reaffirming our membership of the AEFE network and our desire to serve the Francophonie;
- Develop the educational offer on new technologies, provide citizenship education and awareness of sustainable development.
Finally, I would like to thank the Parents’ Association for the work accomplished and the AEFE for its ongoing support.
Happy school year to all !